Natural Beauty Hacks
The United States has very low standards when it comes to controlling what ingredients are allowed to be used in our beauty products. Dangerous chemicals & preservatives can be found in our makeup, lotion, deodorant, toothpaste, hair care products, and more. This article isn’t meant to scare you from using your beauty products, but instead offers some natural beauty hacks. However, if you do want to dive into the real issues with our conventional beauty products, I recommend this article.
Hack #1: Whiten your teeth with Coconut Charcoal.
Charcoal has been used for centuries in Ayruvedic Medicine as an absorbent agent for toxins and poisons, but it can also be used to brighten your smile. Activated Coconut Charcoal can change the pH of your mouth to an ideal environment for preventing cavities, tooth decay, and staining. Here are the steps:
- Make your toothbrush wet and add your toothpaste.
- Open one of Bulletproof’s Activiated Coconut Charcoal capsules over your toothbrush & pour some of the fine black powder onto the toothpaste.
- Brush your teeth & watch your mouth turn black… It will feel gritty.
- Spit & rinse.
- Warning: Charcoal can be messy & leave a stain in your white sink… Open the capsule over the garbage can instead. Always check with your doctor before using a new supplement. Don’t use charcoal right before taking any medication as it will interfere with the medication’s effectiveness.
Hack #2: Get glowing skin with the Alitura Face Mask.
I recommend the Alitura Clay Mask 3x a week. It’s one of the only masks I’ve found that eliminates blemishes without using harsh chemicals. Instead, it uses detoxifying ingredients like freshwater pearl powder (great for anti-aging), rhassoul clay (draws out impurities), and American ginseng (stimulates blood flow). To see a full list of ingredients, click here. Here are the steps:
- Add a little water and about a 1/2 TBSP of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) to a bowl.
- Mix the Alitura Clay mask in with the water and ACV. The consistency should be thick.
- Put the mask on your face & leave it on for about 15 minutes (or until it dries).
- Rinse the mask off.
Hack #3: Use makeup that’s good for your skin.
I am OBSESSED with Jane Iredale makeup & have used it since middle school. Her concealer is heavy duty, but will not clog your pores. It uses green tea and grape seed extracts to protect your skin from environmental pollutants. It also contains avocado oil, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and jojoba. Checkout Jane Iredale makeup here.
Thanks for reading! What are your favorite natural beauty hacks? Comment below!