Abraham Hicks Workshop Review
As I am gearing up to launch my Zero to Hero Health Coach Group Program this summer AND my June 3-Day Online Consistency Challenge in the Health Coach Nation Facebook Group, it’s very important to me to keep my mindset positive and focused to prevent overwhelm! Personal development is a part of my every day routine & one of my all-time favorite personal development gurus is Abraham Hicks.
So, when I got an email with an update that Abraham would be coming to Chicago for a workshop, I was ALL IN! This week’s podcast summarizes the top tips I learned from the workshop & how we can ALL bring more positivity and “manifesting” into our lives & our coaching business.
We create our own reality.
Abraham Hicks promotes the idea that our thoughts, desires, and feelings create our reality. We are responsible for bring our desires to life. Her “manifestation process” is…
- You become clear on a desire.
- Source receives your desire. (If you don’t know what I’m talking about when I refer to Source, click here).
- You create a vibrational match to your desire. AKA you focus on what you WANT with appreciation and positive feelings, instead of focusing on lack.
- You become very stable and sure that your desire is coming & feel the way you’d feel when it manifests. You keep the faith unconditionally, despite whatever is going on around you in your daily life.
- Your desire comes.
- The cycle repeats itself AND you begin to appreciate the “contrast” in your life because it guides you to what you want & allows you to understand what you don’t want. In other words, you start to see unfortunate circumstances as blessings because they cause you to launch “rockets of desire.”
One strategy that will change your life
One of my FAVORITE takeaways from the workshop was a strategy to prevent becoming a “knee-jerk responder” to life. It’s called “Segments of Intention.” This strategy gets you focused on positive expectations about your day-to-day activities. Here’s an example of how it works…
Let’s say you are about to have an important work meeting… Rather than showing up to the meeting with zero mental prep work, you might choose to guide your thoughts to positive expectations about the meeting by doing a “segment of intention.” You could either practice this “segment of intention” in your head, or write down your thoughts on paper. Some examples of thoughts you might choose for this “segment of intention” include…
- I really like the person I’m about to meet with.
- This meeting is set at the perfect time today.
- I feel really good about the energy I am going to bring to this meeting.
- After the meeting, I’m going to feel so much relief & joy.
- How can we make this meeting beneficial for both of us?
- I am going to look for the positive lessons from this meeting.
Daydream without restraint.
Abraham Hicks claims that the reason why we struggle to get what we want in life is because we have a LOT of rules and contradictory thoughts about what we want. For example, we might WANT to make more money, but we also think…
- We aren’t worthy of making more money.
- Making money is extremely difficult.
- People who make a lot of money & use it for themselves are “selfish.”
If you have both the desire for more money AND negative beliefs about money, don’t expect the money to come flowing into your bank account. The goal is to clean up your limiting beliefs in order to make room for what you want. One way to do this is by allowing yourself to daydream JUST for the sake of daydreaming! Be like a child and let your mind dream for 5-10 minutes a day any time you notice you’re getting caught up in negative thought patterns.
Think on purpose.
We can’t control other people or what’s going on around us all the time, but we CAN control what we think about it. The best way to start improving your life is by improving your thoughts and perspective about your life. Start looking for positive aspects and things you can appreciate. This puts you in the “vibration” of receiving more good things!
More tips in the episode!
Hope you enjoy this week’s Health Coach Nation episode & if you do, please be sure to leave a review on iTunes with your top takeaway. 🙂