Chicago Biohacking Meeting: A Recap…
Chicago Biohacking Meetup Group: a group of high performers looking to hack their environment & biology to upgrade their bodies, minds, and lives
It was so cool to meet fellow biohackers & talk about how to quantify health and fitness. I wanted to share a video of the presentation we saw at the meeting and a great blog by Mark Moshcel summarizing everything we learned and discussed.
Click here to read Mark’s blog.
See the video below…
- Biohacking consists of using systems thinking, experiments, and tools to optimize your performance.
- Energy production – biological costs and inflammation = your performance.
- Your environment plays a major role in how your DNA is expressed.
- Biohacking consists of challenging your beliefs that are not serving you & asking “how do I know?”
- Health can be quantified & tracked using things like blood tests, telomere tests, 23 and me, microbiome/gut tests, neurofeedback, and more.
- Telomeres are like your health/youth bank account.
- You cannot exercise your way out of a bad diet.
- Epigenetics: the impact of your environment on your gene expression
- The steps to biohacking:
- Know your baseline.
- Identify the problem you want to fix.
- Determine what actions you need to take to fix this problem.
- Find out your barriers to success.
- Address those barriers.
- Repeat the process for the next biohack.
To learn more about Luiz Arauz, visit his website: Optimized Primate.