Coaching Skills 101
In this episode, Michelle Maclean and Hailey Rowe discuss how to improve your coaching skills, lead client sessions effectively, ensure more client accountability, and more!
Coaching Skills Lessons discussed in this episode:
- 3:36 How to have successful discovery calls
- 623: What to do when you don’t have all of the answers
- 7:23 How to shift your mindset to be a better, more effective coach
- 14:51: Ways to create action plans during coaching sessions with your clients
Quotes from the episode:
- 5:53: “It can release a whole lot of pressure, when we can let go of that pressure to be the expert and have to show up, you know, to diagnose, prescribe, and treat like a doctor would, because we’re not trained as doctors.” -Michelle Maclean
- 6:55: “It’s not about what you say, or having the information… It’s also about who you’re being in the session. How are you facilitating progress and asking the right questions and being curious and holding space and not thinking “I need to have all the answers,” because then that takes you away from actually fully being able to help the client. ” -Hailey Rowe
- 7:58: “As coaches, you know, our clients have the answers, right? So we really honor within them that they have the answers. They’re the ones who know what’s best for their health and well being.” -Michelle Maclean
- 6:52: “We have to be lovingly detached to the outcomes, right? We love our clients, we want them to be successful, we want them to succeed, but it’s on them to take the action. ” -Michelle Maclean
About Michelle Maclean
A year after Michelle Maclean promised herself she would be the best coach she could be and receiving mentorship, she got a gig at the world’s largest health coaching school, IIN.
For eight years Michelle has been coaching students in IIN’s health coach training program. She’s coached over 2000 students on how to improve their coaching skills.
Coaching Skills Links & Resources:
- Michelle’s Website
- Michelle’s Instagram
- Michelle’s Facebook
- Michelle’s LinkedIn
- The Value of Coaching & What It Really Means
The advice given on this episode does not qualify as financial, legal, or investing advice. Make choices at your own risk.