This summer, one of my favorite bloggers, Jenny Sansouci inspired me to join the “Comfort Zone Crusade.” So this summer, I began doing a lot of things that scare, but also excite me. I want to share a few of my summer highlights with you:
1. I’ve always wanted to start a health Instagram account where I could share daily health tips, but was too scared to start it because I thought I wasn’t “ripped” enough or that it was weird for someone my age (college student) to do that. But, I’m a Certified Nutrition Specialist, Beachbody Coach, and Certified Personal Trainer, so I pulled the trigger! I’m so glad I did it because it brings so much positivity into my life. It’s so much fun!
2. I performed for 6 hours all with a new guitarist… Something I have never done before! It required a lot of preparation, but now that I’ve performed for 6 hours, I feel like I can handle any gig!
3. I changed my entire set list at a recent performance due to requests. The audience was sharing songs they wanted to hear that I had not polished as much as what I had planned, but I have the songs a shot and everyone had so much fun! I even got the audience to do karaoke.
4. I rapped to “Fancy” at a wedding. Enough said. I’m no rapper, but I love that song… Even though I was scared, I performed it and had a blast.
5. I committed to being the Wellness Chair of my sorority. I already feel like my plate is pretty full at school, but it’s a wonderful opportunity, so I have to do it! However, I will be prioritizing and doing less of other activities to make more time for this new role.
I hope you’ll join me in the “Comfort Zone Crusade!” Please share what you are doing to push yourself on my Facebook page. Even better, share this blog and get a few friends to join you! No matter how big or small, any action is better than no action!