⇩Get My Free Overwhelm Cheat Sheet
Functional Medicine Coaching Academy’s Sandra Scheinbaum shared what it takes to succeed as a full-time wellness practitioner
In this episode, Business Coach for Health Coaches & Service Providers, Hailey Rowe, delves deep into the world of functional medicine with Sandra Scheinbaum, Co-Founder of the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy. Get excited to learn more about partnerships, finding the right support i on your business journey, exciting industry shifts in health coaching, and more! Sandra has an incredible story founding her academy in her 60s.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The importance of partnerships & finding the right support in your business
- Exciting industry shifts in the health coaching & functional medicine field
- How Sandra started the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy in her 60’s
- Tips for partnering with doctors to expand your functional medicine coaching referrals
- Sandra’s secrets for consistent wellness and business habits
Quotes in the episode:
- “How you’re going to put your own stamp on what you’re going to do. It’s not cookie cutter, copying someone else.” –Sandra Scheinbaum
- “There is a saying that the more open you are to a no, the more likely you are to get a yes.” –Sandra Scheinbaum
- “A lot of it at the beginning of your business is planting seeds that maybe you don’t see sprout yet.” – Hailey Rowe
About Sandra Scheinbaum
Dr. Scheinbaum, a lifelong learner and education innovator, has been shaping holistic health and wellness since 1972. Starting with students with learning disabilities, she earned a PhD in clinical psychology from Fielding Graduate University. Practicing as a health psychologist for nearly four decades, she specialized in positive psychology, cognitive behavioral therapy, and mind-body medicine.
Driven by innovation, Dr. Scheinbaum led pioneering trials in neurofeedback at a clinic for attention deficit disorders. In 2013, she became the first psychologist certified by the Institute for Functional Medicine. Concurrently, she taught psychology at the University of Western States and National Lewis University.
As founder of Feed Your Mind Wellness, LLC, Dr. Scheinbaum guided various wellness programs. Holding degrees from Northwestern University, she pursued holistic nutrition education and became a registered yoga instructor. Blending her passion for holistic health with activities like yoga, Pilates, ballet, and cooking.
Authoring books like Functional Medicine Coaching: How to Be Part of the Movement That’s Transforming Healthcare, she founded the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy in 2014. Opting against retirement at 65, she aimed to advance health coaching, seeing it as vital in addressing chronic diseases.
Today, leading FMCA reflects Dr. Scheinbaum’s commitment to health coaching’s growth and innovative student training, completing a career circle back to her roots as an educator and lifelong learner.
Resources for Functional Medicine:
- Free Live Class: The 5 Hidden Mistakes Blocking Clients & How to Fix Them
- Work Smart Membership
- Free Marketing Hub Community
- Coach Inner Circle
- Tiny Habits
- Partnership Pitch Template
- Free class: 5 Steps to Clients Without Information Overload
- Who Not How
- Sandra’s Website
- Transform Lives as a Functional Medicine Health Coach