Get The FREE Habits Of High Performers ⇩
Fear Hacking: How to Unleash Your Optimal Productive Self
Fear hacking is a fast way to hack the decision-making process to leverage fear instead of being paralyzed by it.
When we know what we need to do something, but we just don’t do it, it’s usually because we let our emotions take over & we suppress our long-term logical thinking.
- Not involving certain people (the people who may not necessarily understand what you are trying to achieve right now) in big business decisions
- Reduce any sort of distraction that will divert you further away from your goals.
- Identify what exactly helped you move forward in the past and focus on repeating that
Signs you need to start Fear Hacking:
- Something in your business or life is not feeling “off”
- You are constantly burnt out, making emotional decisions, or not getting the results for the effort you are investing in your coaching business
- What you do is not energizing you anymore and you have an endless list of things to do, and when you do them– the results do not align with your goals.
- You are not reaching your goals and you are not sure why.
Productivity mindset shifts:
- Productivity is not how much you get done. Productivity is how efficiently you can take action on the things that will keep you in alignment with your goals. Mike said, “Doing things doesn’t matter when the things I am doing don’t matter.”
- When we know what we want to create, we know what we want to fill our schedule with. Clarity and productivity go hand-in-hand and you need to ensure what you want is reflected in your actions.
How can you improve clarity in your business?
Depending on the stage of your business, Mike suggests the concept of “taste first” talked about by Gary Vaynerchuck. You have to try different things and go all-in and commit to testing what is required to make that venture successful before admitting defeat and moving on.
If we want better answers, we need to ask better questions. Seeking clarity is not difficult to achieve, high performers just do this more consistently.
Release tension/Set Intention Clarity Exercise:
- Clear the slate with breathing
- Set the intention
Some clarity building questions to increase productivity:
- How do I need to show up in my next time block?
- How can I be of better service, while keeping my well-being in mind?
- What of my skillsets is most important in my next block of time in my calendar?
- How can I best be of service?
- What does my best work, lifestyle and family life look like today?
- Who needs me on my A-game and what does that A-game look like?
- What do my A-game need from me within the next 3,6,12 months to be of service for my family, clients and employees?
The next step is to think about how you can INJECT this awareness into the different seasons of your life you are in.
Mike’s advice for business owners to move forward faster:
- Be protective of your resources (time, money and energy) by time-blocking and clarity on your goals.
- Reframe the chaos by asking better questions.
- Reflect how important preparation really is for you.
- Invest in good debt (education) and avoid bad debt (consumer goods).
High-Performance Coaching: What is it?
High-Performance as defined by Brendon Burchard is consistently performing at your best & having the ability to redirect yourself quickly if you get “off track.”
- The key to high performance is CLARITY.
- Once you’re clear on what moves you towards your goals, the key is to block out time for those goal-oriented activities every week.
- CLARITY and PRODUCTIVITY is what will lead you to the results you desire.
About Mike Szczesniak
Mike is an entrepreneur, consultant, and coach certified through the High-Performance Institute. He is the President and Head Coach at The Results Engine where he helps his clients boost productivity and performance so they can scale their results faster in life and in business. Mike is the founder of the Fear Hacking Academy, where he helps sales teams scale their production by a minimum of 30% in 90 days or less. He is also the host of the top-rated podcast, The Results Engine Podcast.