To get my free “Healthy Habits of High Performers” Checklist, sign up below.
Intermittent Fasting: Is it worth the hype?
Intermittent fasting expert & Human Potential Coach Jason Ryer (founder of Zen Strength) shares how fasting can improve your productivity, overall health, detoxification, immune system, and more. If you missed part 1 of this interview, DEFINITELY listen to it first. Click here for part 1.
Part 2 of this interview covers…
- The FAQ’s of fasting
- Who should NOT fast
- Does coffee break your fast?
- Does “Bulletproof Coffee” break your fast?
- Can you add cream in your coffee and still count it as a fast?
- Jason and my personal stories with fasting
- Why fasting saves you time and money
- How fasting has the potential to improve cholesterol and other health conditions/symptoms
- Simple ways to make fasting feel easy
- What resources to add to your fast for best results (electrolytes, MCT oil or Brain Octane Oil, etc.)
- The difference between “sugar-burners” and “fat-burners”
- How to stay accountable
- Dr. Rhonda Patrick & Satchin Panda interview
- Tim Ferriss: Caloric Restriction or Intermittent Fasting
- Fasting Mimicking Diet
- Dr. Rhonda Patrick & Valter Longo interview
- Dr. Bert Herring’s Fast 5
- Dr. Jason Fung: Fasting for Beginners
- Dr. Daniel Pompa & Ben Greenfield interview
- Zero: Fasting Tracker
Who should NOT fast?
Talk to your doctor to make sure fasting is safe for YOU. Typically, intermittent fasting is not recommended for…
- Pregnant women
- People at high risk of gallstones
- People suffering from adrenal fatigue
- Children and teenagers
- People with a past history of eating disorders
The big picture
If you’re looking to lose some fat, boost your focus, and increase your chances for a long and healthy life, intermittent fasting is one of many methods that might work for you. Ease into it and start with one step that recommends an improvement. For example, delay your breakfast by a half hour, or stopping eating 3 hours before bed instead of 2 hours. Happy fasting!
Click here to join my FREE Facebook community for health coaches!
Learn how to serve more ideal clients, grow your income through authentic marketing, and build killer time management and confidence habits!