Diet changes can be tough!
Today’s podcast episode covers 5 lessons that shifted my painful diet journey into a successful healthy lifestyle.
Often times, we know what we need to do to eat healthier, but we have the wrong approach towards creating long-term behavioral change.
When I first started on my nutrition journey, I struggled with the “all or nothing” mindset, self-sabotage, and information overload. I found it very challenging to consistently practice healthy eating habits.
After many certifications and trainings on neuroscience, habits, positive psychology, and nutrition, I realized I was making a lot of mindset mistakes that were holding me back from long-term progress.
In this episode, you will learn:
- The difference between a dieter’s mindset & a healthy mindset
- 5 powerful ways to change your eating habits for good & get off the “diet/binge roller coaster”
- 4 key factors to consider when creating a nutrition plan you love & look forward to
- How to customize your diet to fit your lifestyle & personality
- Why shaming & negative self-talk do not work
- Ways to be more objective & less emotionally reactive when you feel like you made a poor choice
- How to learn from your mistakes
- How to coach yourself to greatness
- Why comparing ourselves to others keeps us from making progress
- The importance of focusing on small improvements instead of trying to change too many habits simultaneously
- Strategies for avoiding distraction towards your goals
- How to stay consistent with eating healthy without meal prepping or planning
- The importance of letting go of perfectionism
- How to deal with setbacks
- Powerful questions you can use to increase motivation and focus towards taking goal-oriented actions
- The difference between good, better, and best choices
If you liked this episode, I highly recommend episode 5 because it covers some great strategies you can use to end the “I’ll start tomorrow” mindset.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast to stay updated. Click here for directions on how to subscribe. If you have any topics or questions you’d like me to cover in future episodes, please comment below or reach out on Instagram!