Online Networking and Lead Generation
In this episode, Mike Moll and I discuss how to effectively and successfully generate leads. In addition, we also discuss how to make connections in the world of online networking.
By listening to this episode you will learn how to make better and long lasting connections. In addition,you also will find out the importance of connecting with leads for long-term clients.
The Importance of Following Up with Online Networking
Not everyone makes a decision right away on whether or not they want to try a product or service. As a matter of fact, if you have a maybe as an answer be sure to follow up. In addition, answer any questions they may have.
Social Media Musts with Online Networking
- Set it up to look credible
- Put out high quality content
- Don’t fixate on followers or likes
- In additional, go for posting for your IDEAL followers
- 4-6 posts a week
- VIDEO is must for credibility
- Address questions/problems in your content
- Content isn’t to get you leads
Now you have to send traffic to the content.
- Co content making experiences with complimentary businesses
- Partnership reach outs
- Podcast interviews
- When going for partnerships- Ask does it bring value to my audience that I can’t provide. In addition, consider: Is it a direct competitor?
How to Stand Out in Your Outreach
- -Check person’s profile
- Send video or audio messages (as a matter of fact, consider 150 a week on LinkedIn, and on the other hand consider that text is easy to ignore)
- Follow them.
- Message example: Hi it’s ____. Love xyz. Just wanted to say hi.
Second: Invite to FB group./Collab, invite or feedback…Consider what should be put on profile?
How To Get Your Audience to Want to Hear What You Have to Say
- Consider the numbers and the Rule of 10 (see below).
- Realize that “no” is a part of the game, so don’t get discouraged.
- If someone isn’t interested, ask them if they know someone who would be.
- Cold selling direct messages where you are just upfront selling does not work.
- Consistency is key. As Mike mentioned, he produces anywhere between 150-250 videos per week.
The Rule of 10
Consider that usually 10% should be the goal for responses from your outreach. Likewise, you should be able to get 10% of the 10% in responses to say yes to your offer. For instance, if you reach out to 100 people, you should be receiving around 10 responses. Likewise, from the 10 responses you receive, one should be a yes. On the other hand, don’t be discouraged from the no’s. As a matter of fact, the word “no” is just a part of the game! A no is even an opportunity. For instance, they may know someone who can benefit from your products or services.
Let’s Review: Online Networking Methods
In conclusion, you have to consider your audience. In addition, you need to know how you will reach out to them. Similarly, you need to know how to make real connections. Likewise, you’re not usually able to just upfront sell something, you need to make connections. As a matter of fact, consider the Rule of 10 when you’re networking and collaborating. Always remember the importance of following up.
About Mike Moll
Mike Moll is the host of the Market Me Podcast. In addition to that, he is also a successful Business Strategy and Marketing Consultant. Likewise, Mike has helped dozens of employees change their careers into independent consultants.
- Mike Moll
Complimentary Business Consult
- Health Coach Nation: Marketing, Business, & Mindset for Health Coaches
You Can find Mike on his website here.