Get My FREE Sales Journal ⇩
What Outsourcing Means
In this episode, Nathan and I discuss the importance of and what it means when when it comes to outsourcing. We also discuss how outsourcing helps to scale your business to the next level leading to even more growth for your business.
We discuss how hiring someone such as a Virtual Assistant can help free up some of your time so you can get your life back and not work around the clock. This also helps you to grow your business by adding these outsourcing assets.
How to Start Outsourcing
- Learn what works and what doesn’t work. Outsourcing needs are different for everyone.
- Set a budget.
- Make connections and know who you are able to work well with.
- Act on the plan of outsourcing.
Communication is Key When You Outsource
Virtual Assistants are from all kinds of different areas. Whether you are looking to hire a Virtual Assistant or outsource some other type of service, realize that not everyone communicates the same. What you may think is a super nice way of communicating, someone else may think of it as super rude. So here are some tips for communicating effectively with your team:
- Watch your tone.
- When communicating online, utilize emojis to help keep the mood a bit lighter.
- Go piece by piece when talking steps.
- Pause and allow time for questions.
- Ask if there are any questions.
Implement the 90 Day Rule
- The first 30 days: Review what is working and what’s not working.
- The second month: Start writing out a plan and maybe even interview some individuals or Virtual Assistants to outsource to.
- The third month: Spend time actually taking some things off of your plate.
The VA Calculator and Outsourcing School
Nathan has a process on almost everything, even how he is going to get stuff of of his plate. This makes his VA Calculator and Outsource School super helpful for you to learn how to outsource tasks as well.
How to OnBoard when Outsourcing
- Set expectations
- Discuss: Schedule, issues, communication/expectations, and culture.
- Give them a chance to back out.
Setting Up an SOP and Finding the Time to Create an SOP
SOPs (or Standard Operating Procedures) are very helpful and necessary. If your team changes, you don’t want the processes to go out the door with the team. From recording each training to even outsourcing the creating of the SOP to other experts and Virtual Assistants, it’s vital to find the time and means to get an SOP done.
About Nate Hirsch
Nathan Hirsch is a really cool guy. He has quite the background in helping Entrepreneurs grow and scale their business. Nathan says he never has had a “real job” and built an Amazon dropshipping business when he was twenty years old. He now has founded FreeeUp in which he helps assist others in freeing up their time and learning how to scale their business with Virtual Assistants.