⇩ Get my Free Consistency Planner ⇩
Productivity Hacks for the busy enterpreneur & coach
In today’s distracting & fast-paced world, staying productive can feel like a constant challenge. It’s essential to manage your mind & your schedule if you want to accomplish your goals. In this podcast interview with Mindset Success Coach Patricia Stepler & Business Coach for Health Coaches & Service Providers Hailey Rowe, you’ll learn 6 powerful productivity hacks that will help you take back your calendar, simplify your workflow, and achieve greater efficiency in your daily life.
In this episode, you’ll learn productivity hacks such as…
- The difference between busy work & important work
- The 3 Goal Rule
- Tips to limit distractions
- How to decide what’s your most important tasks for your business
- Ways to prevent indecision
- Why to plan 1 “thinking day” a month
- How to avoid chronic people pleasing & say “no” more often guilt-free
Productivity Hacks: Top 6 Tips to Supercharge Your Day
1. Turn off your phone during your most important tasks.
Turn off your phone or put it on silent mode during focused work sessions. This prevents incoming notifications from disrupting your concentration, allowing you to dive deep into your tasks without unnecessary interruptions. By setting designated times for phone usage, you regain control over your attention and minimize the temptation to constantly check your device.
2. Time batch your day.
Time batching is a productivity technique that involves grouping similar tasks together and dedicating specific time blocks to complete them. Instead of switching between different types of work throughout the day, time batching allows you to streamline your focus and minimize context switching.
For example, you can allocate a specific time slot for checking and responding to emails, another for brainstorming and creative work, and yet another for meetings and collaborative tasks. By organizing your day in this manner, you’ll experience improved efficiency and better overall workflow.
Incorporating meditation into your daily routine can work wonders for your mental clarity & give you more energy to focus. Taking just a few minutes each day to sit quietly, focus on your breath, and observe racing thoughts without needing to act upon them can improve your ability to concentrate.
4. Incorporate One Planning & “Thinking” Day per Month.
While daily and weekly planning is crucial for staying organized, setting aside one dedicated planning day each month can be a game-changer. Use this day to reflect on your long-term goals, assess your progress, and strategize for the future.
Review your monthly achievements, identify areas for improvement, and recalibrate your priorities. Break down your larger objectives into actionable steps and create a roadmap for the upcoming weeks.
By dedicating time to this comprehensive planning process, you’ll set yourself up for success and ensure that your daily actions align with your overarching goals.
5. Turn off notifications.
It’s no secret that distractions can hinder our productivity. According to research, it can take up to 23 minutes to regain full focus after being interrupted. To combat this, create an environment that minimizes distractions.
Designate a clean and clutter-free workspace, utilize noise-cancelling headphones to block out external noise, and install website blockers or productivity apps that limit access to distracting websites or applications. By proactively eliminating potential interruptions, you’ll be able to maintain a higher level of concentration and achieve more in less time.
6. Plan your day the night before.
Taking a few minutes each evening to outline your tasks and priorities for the following day can leard to a fruitful day. Here’s how:
- Reflect on the day: Spend a few moments reviewing your accomplishments, challenges, and lessons learned from the current day. This reflection helps you gain insights into your strengths, weaknesses, and areas that need improvement.
- Prioritize your tasks: Identify the most important tasks or projects that need your attention the next day. Determine which ones align with your goals and will have the most significant impact on your progress.
- Break down tasks: Once you’ve identified your priorities, break them down into smaller, actionable steps. Breaking tasks into manageable chunks makes them less daunting and easier to tackle.
- Set realistic goals: While it’s essential to challenge yourself, be realistic about what you can accomplish in a day. Setting achievable goals will boost your motivation and prevent overwhelm.
- Schedule your day: Allocate specific time blocks for each task or activity in your day. Having a structured schedule allows you to visualize how your day will unfold and helps you manage your time effectively.
By planning your day in advance, you start each morning with purpose and direction. You eliminate the need to spend time figuring out what to do next, allowing you to jump right into action. This proactive approach enhances your efficiency, reduces stress, and sets the stage for a productive day ahead.
Remember, flexibility is key. While planning is crucial, be open to adjustments and unexpected changes throughout the day. Adaptability and the ability to reprioritize when necessary are essential skills that will help you navigate unforeseen circumstances and maintain productivity.
Incorporating this tip into your routine, along with the other productivity hacks mentioned earlier, will empower you to make the most of your time and accomplish your goals with greater ease.
Quotes from the episode:
- 4:57: “Most people first of all, won’t make a decision. And then if they do make a decision, okay, this is what I’m going to do. They won’t draw that line in the sand that says, I am going to do this, no matter what.” -Patricia Stepler
- 7:08: “We make it so unrealistic for ourselves to follow a commitment to ourselves that we lose trust with ourselves.”-Hailey Rowe
- 18:51: “And I think we have to decide, you know, are we here to build the life we want or to build somebody else’s life.” -Patricia Stepler
About Patricia Stepler
Patricia Stepler is a High-Performance Mentor. She helps business owners stop playing small and bring in bankable profits. She assists her clients to play a bigger game and develop mental toughness to reach audacious goals.
In addition to her business, Patricia loves to travel and she enjoys speaking.
Links & Resources:
- Schedule Your Free Strategy Consult with Hailey Rowe
- Free Training: Attracting Clients With Podcasting
- Patricia’s Instagram
- Patricia’s LinkedIn
- The 12-Week Year
- High Performance Planner
- Time Management System You Can Actually Stick With
- Free Business Growth & Networking Community
The advice given on this episode does not qualify as financial, legal, or investing advice. Make choices at your own risk.