In this episode, John Vuong and I discuss how to effectively utilize and build upon your SEO.
By listening to this episode you will learn the meaning of Search Engine Optimization and how to actually use it.
What is SEO
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
People who find you through Search Engine Optimization are higher converting leads because someone is SEARCHING for what you offer.
Things to Factor in Before SEO
What do you need to have in place before Search Engine Optimization?
1. Who do you want to be known as?
2. Who is your Niche?
3. What kind of terms/phrases do you want to come up for?
4. A website
Long Tail Keywords
Long tail keywords are a phrase or multiple words you can be ranking for on Google/Search engines. In addition, when you consider your keywords, you need to also consider targeting a refined audience. As a result, ranking is easier done this way.
Don’ts of SEO:
- Expecting SEO to be your godsend (make sure your business is solid first & you are CLEAR on niche, offer, reputation, etc.)…
- Don’t expect the SEO to fix a broken business. As a matter of fact, SEO amplifies you, it doesn’t fix a broken business.
Do’s of SEO
- Build a really strong website that is user friendly.
- In addition, be sure your website loads fast.
- Similarly, make sure your site is mobile optimized, branded, and you have a conversion based copy.
- In addition, you’ll want to understand the customer journey.
Understanding Google Analytics and Other Search Engine Basics
Google Analytics is a way to track someone’s behavior on your website. It is very important to know how your audience is behaving, what attracts them, and other key features.
Every search engine is not the same. As a matter of fact, different search engines have their own algorithm.
On your website, you can use plugins to score your SEO. For instance, use Yoast SEO on WordPress.
Also consider link building. For instance, asking other sites to feature your link in their written content.
The Key to Keywords
Be sure that when choosing keywords that you consider semantic keywords and a variations of keywords.
Examples of keywords: Example: Buying, Buyer, Buy
- This is a MUST before deciding your SEO strategy
- Go after 4 or 5 phrase terms
- Less volume is okay because of higher conversion rate and higher rank
- Tools you’ll use will tell you how competitive the keyword phrases are
- SEM RUSH, Keyword.io, Google Ads Keyword Tool
- Use paid tools
- To improve your SEO, write amazing quality content
Let’s Review: The SEO Musts
In conclusion, you have to consider your audience. In addition, you need to know the applicable keywords to use. As a matter of fact, consider the paid tools you use as well.
About John Vuong
John Vuong started Local SEO Search Inc. in 2013 to help local business owners in Canada with Internet marketing. He has spent the last 20+ years in the print and online marketing industries in corporate environments. In addition, today he educates business owners on how marketing and advertising has changed with search engines such as Google, BING and Yahoo.
- John Vuong
Complimentary Business Consult
- Health Coach Nation: Marketing, Business, & Mindset for Health Coaches
You Can find John on his website here.