⇩Get My Free Youtube & Video Marketing Cheat Sheet
How to Build Traffic
In this episode, Beck Power and I discuss how to build traffic during and after your speaking event and opportunities.
By listening to this episode you will learn how to boost your traffic and amplify your message with PR, speaking, podcasts, content, and more!!!
Investments and Credibility with Speaking
Any investment for your credibility is good. You should ask what the pay off is for investing your time into an event. Will this help you gain experience and/or exposure?
5 P’s to Evaluate if an Event is For You
1) Person- For instance, who is the person you want to connect with to get the gig?
2) Prospect- For example, what is your ideal target audience?
3) Problem-Consider what’s the problem I want to solve? Similarly, is the audience interested in that?
4) Pitch- For instance, you want to give a good call to action at the end of the opportunity. For instance, email lists/etc.
5) Product/Program-For example, consider if your product aligns with the audience and in addition if it connects with the event.
Applying for Speaking Opportunities
When applying for speaking opportunities, you should:
1) Set yourself apart.
2) Be memorable
3) Compare or analogy: “The Brene Brown of Arizone”
Consider Your Methods of Delivery in Addition to Following-Up
Don’t let the event or speaking opportunity be the stopping point for you. As a matter of fact, it should actually be the starting point! For instance, you should:
2: Deliver info
3) Connect on-going after
4) Get email
Pro-Tips for Speaking Events in Addition to Follow-Ups
Wondering how to best follow-up after a speaking event? Here is a pro-tip to get emails at events: leave a sheet on the chair of each audience member with MAGIC questions that pre-qualify them as a client or not. Some ideas would be:
1) What the biggest problem is
2) How willing are you to solve, etc.
Collect papers and follow-up for a call. Furthermore, don’t forget to bring up the paper during your talk!
After the Event Success
You want to, of course, be successful after the event as well. Similarly, here are some ways to be successful, even after the event:
1) Document all you can at the event. Furthermore use that documentation after the event.
2) Leverage your documentation as a credibility booster. Furthermore, utilize this method on social media
3) Post photos. As a matter of fact, post videos as well.
4) Give a phone to someone and ask for them to take some photos. Furthermore, give use these photos for even further after the event connections.
As a matter of fact, your speaking event is only the beginning of the game. Similarly, the real game changer is how you follow-up after the event!
Let’s Review: Successful Speaking Events in Addition to Opportunities
In conclusion, you have to carefully plan out your speaking opportunity. As a matter of fact, consider how you are establishing credibility. In addition, also consider how you are going to remain connected with your audience for even further success after the event.
About Beck Power
Beck has over eight years experience in the online and marketing spaces. Furthermore, she has frameworks and content about several types of things. However, Beck is most excited about helping entrepreneurs and coaches. Likewise, she enjoys helping authors in addition to speakers with getting more of their content out in front of people to help the growth of their audience.
Beck is originally from New Zealand and recently set up a home base in Toronto Canada.
- Beck Power/Power Creative
Complimentary Business Consult
- Health Coach Nation: Marketing, Business, & Mindset for Health Coaches
You Can find Beck on her website here.