⇩ Get my Free Consistency Planner ⇩
Strategic Planning: What does it mean?
In this Health Coach Nation podcast episode, Marketing & Sales Coach Hailey Rowe & Certified Director of Operations for Wellness Coaches Teri Clanton talk about the 7 keys to strategic planning to grow your revenue and impact. So often, we want a “strategy” or “plan,” but we don’t know what that needs to look like or how to customize it based on our goals. This interview will help you create a comprehensive plan.
Strategic Planning: 7 Keys To Evaluate
Below, you’ll see strategic planning questions to reflect on for each part of your business. Listen to the episode to get more insights.
1. Financial Steadiness
- How much revenue have you made in the last 12 months?
- What is your profit margin? (Anything less than 20% requires some definite attention)
- Does the business have any debt? If so, how much?
- Do you have any personal debt?
2. Visibility & Marketing
- Are your marketing efforts working the way you want?
- What’s not working?
- If you have an email list- What’s your open rate and click-through rate?
3. Product & Services
- How long has it been since you’ve had a price increase?
- Look at your top 3-5 competitors: How much are they charging? What is working for them?
- How can you communicate the differentiators between you and your competitors?
4. Operational Efficiencies
- What processes, systems, standard operating procedures, and automations need to be a part of your strategic planning?
- What feels broken or clunky in your business?
- What’s super time-intensive and manual that you want more automation behind?
- Do you have documented processes in case of an emergency or if someone quits?
5. Team Growth
- How can you use others’ strengths to grow your business?
- Do you need employees, contractors, or vendors?
- From a scale of 0 to 100%, how maxed out are you on being able to set new goals and take on new tasks?
- What’s your ideal team or company culture look like?
6. Client Experience
- Where do you feel you can improve regarding your client’s journey and the buyer’s experience?
- Do you get the same questions or concerns? How can you improve communication, or streamline client communication?
- Do you ask every single client for a testimonial, and do you follow up if you didn’t get one?
7. Personal Growth
- What are you doing to continue growing personally?
- What are some ways you can incorporate more personal growth into your life? For example, set boundaries, listen to podcasts, join a mastermind, read books, go to therapy, do more of your hobbies.
Quotes in the episode:
- 2:52: “It’s not just setting goals, at least with the way that I do it. We’re also digging into your business foundations, and making sure that you’re setting realistic goals.” – Teri Clanton
- 11:31: “Assessing your current products and services, as well as doing some market or competitor research can help you see opportunities for growth and innovation” – Teri Clanton
- 16:27: “I love how it’s zooming out of your business and helping you work on the vision of your business rather than in your business.” – Hailey Rowe
About Teri Clanton
As a Certified Director of Operations with over 20 years of administrative experience, founder Teri Clanton has a unique skill set that will empower you to focus on doing the work you love and making a bigger impact in the lives of your clients without burning out.
Teri is a self-starter who brings her strong attention to detail and motivated mindset to being your strategic partner who manages your business’s back-end operations. Her years spent supporting leaders have given her the knowledge to identify ways to improve your company so you can scale and increase your impact.
Teri’s experience includes: affiliate marketing, marketing support, Facebook group management, launch and project management, hiring, team training, and c-suite support. She worked for various for-profit organizations including an online meal planning software company and a financial literacy non-profit.
She founded Wellness Business Services in 2020 to combine her professional experience and passion for health and wellness.
Wellness Business Services provides full-suite operations support, which includes:
- Hiring so you have a strong, happy team to drive your mission forward
- Team management to free up your time to focus on the work only you can do
- Launch or project management to bring your big ideas to life
- Strategy sessions so you have a sounding board and feedback about your next big idea or to address a challenge
- Strategic Mapping™ aka strategic planning so you have clarity, direction and a plan for the upcoming year
- Business analytics/data so you can make informed decisions
- Tech system set-up and optimization to increase efficiency, improve team communication and improve your client experience