↓ Get the Overwhelm Cheat Sheet! ↓
TikTok Secrets and Social Media Hacks
In this episode, Kimberly and I discuss some great TikTok secrets and social media hacks that can benefit nearly any entrepreneur.
By listening to this episode you’ll love learning some of the social media hacks we discuss. You will also find how beneficial these hacks are with not only growing your social media but also saving you time.
TikTok and Social Media Platforms
There are some key principles to understand when trying to grow your social media platforms. Some of these include:
- The platform you are using.
- Which type of audience you’re trying to market to.
Believe it or not, some platforms fit some people better. For example, some platforms are better for certain types of individuals, businesses, and audiences than others depending on what products and services they offer or need. Definitely consider your audience.
Remember Who You Are Talking To
If you think you’re talking to everyone, you are wrong. You are actually talking to nobody. Here are a few ways you can consider who your audience is:
- Be sure to know what your ideal avatar is.
- Consider what the person on the other side of the screen sees and understands about you and what you are trying to say.
- Think of the pain points of your audience.
Turning Pain Points into Solutions
Even if you have an audience with the right pain points, but you don’t offer solutions then your message is nearly useless. As a matter of fact, if you offer services that benefit people’s situations then what you offer could be crucial.
Here are some ways to engage and nurture your audience:
- Consider the content your posting. Is it bringing value to your audience?
- Don’t be too “salesy” on your post.
- Bring value in your posts.
- Offer shareable content.
Add Value Instead of Pitching
You want to keep in mind that your audience really is people. This means you want to build up your trust factor more than promoting your sales. When you promote sales you are considered as pitching. Therefore, adding value to who you are and what you have to offer is far better. Whether it be a product or service, it is way more attractive to your audience to find your value than you pitching a sale to them.
The Secrets of TikTok
TikTok is a newer platform than some others, but it is so fun and really beneficial. Furthermore, it allows you to have others engage in your activity even more than a lot of common social media platforms.
Here are some key features of TikTok:
- You can hop on a video, share some tips and have others comment.
- There is an option for direct messages.
- You can not message someone unless they follow you. Furthermore, this helps the community not to be so spam saturated.
- On TikTok you can find more entertaining videos versus just the learning aspects. This is where you need to be creative with your videos.
Putting TikTok to Use
A few key tips for TikTok.
- Use your age in hashtags if you’re above 30.
- If it’s out of your comfort zone, do it.
- Find people in your niche and see some of their examples, but do not copy them. Likewise, you’ll not only get an idea of how to do your own videos, but learn some things too.
- There are trends that you can learn and develop on TikTok.
- Before you record, there is a timer feature for you to utilize. In addition, there is also an option to re-record or remove a clip.
- Call to action 4/5 times.
- Invite them to DM FIRST, not being salesy in the actual posts
- Consider WHY YOU for your audience. Furthermore, consider why your services.
- Be clear on your niche.
- Help people get addicted to you and the feelings you bring them.
- Consider the trend: TikTok is trending faster than Instagram. As a result it has billions of users.
- Easy to get seen on TikTok.
- Check the TikTok Discover Page “For You Page.”
- TikTok- You can be more direct.
- 15-60 seconds video on TikTok 1-2x a day is key.
- When you get to 1000 followers you can host lives. As a result, you’ll have more engagement on your feed/videos.
- Lives aren’t saved.
- People can give you money on your lives.
About Kimberly Olson
Kimberly Olson is the creator of The Goal Digger Girl, which is a multi-dimensional brand. The Goal Digger Girl serves female entrepreneurs through small group coaching as well as focused workshops. As a result, it teaches women how to scale their social media and their business. It offers training on how to build successfully on social media.
In addition to The Goal Digger Girl, Kimberly also has two PhDs in Natural Health and Holistic Nutrition, has achieved a leadership position in her current network marketing company, and is the author of the best-selling books, The Goal Digger & Why Balance is B.S. In addition, Kimberly has a top-rated podcast and is travels offering public speaking.
Most recently Kimberly has shared the stage with Rachel Hollis, Ray Higdon, Rob Sperry, and Frazer Brookes. She also is an Ambassador for John Maxwell. In other words, she is a successful Goal Digger!
- The Goal Digger Girl
- TikTok for Business Workshop
- The Goal Digger Girl’s Podcast
- getLIT Trainings in Less than 10 Minutes
- More Engagement, More Clients