Squats (my favorite) and lots of other fun moves are included in today’s total body workout. It is quick and only requires two things: a pair of dumbbells and a resistance band loop. You may also want a yoga mat. Go at your own pace and enjoy!
- Be sure to warm-up with a light 3 minute jog or dynamic stretching (NOT holding long poses… save that for after the workout when your muscles are warm).
- Hold a forearm plank for as long as you can with good form (1-2 minutes).
Circuit 1 (Repeat 3x) with Squats
- 15 low squat jacks with resistance loop around ankles or arches of the feet
- 30 squat steps side to side with resistance loop
- 10 squat to lateral leg side raise (5 each side) with resistance loop
- To modify this circuit, don’t use the resistance loop. If you do use the resistance loop, make sure your knees don’t turn overly inward or outward. Activate the side of your butt cheeks! 🙂
Circuit 2 (Repeat 3x)
- 15 straight leg dumbbell deadlift (Don’t lock your knees. Knees are soft. Chest stays up)
- 10-15 dumbbell back row
- 15 reps of straight leg deadlift with dumbbell back row
- To modify this circuit, try bent leg deadlifts.
- Repeat each exercise 8 times. Each round is 20 seconds of the exercise, 10 seconds of rest.
- step ups on a stair/box (alternate starting leg each round) OR jump squats
- push ups
- plank knee hovers (alternating knees or bending both knees at the same time)
- narrow chest press
- To modify these Tabata moves, take out the jumping/step ups and do squatsor squat pulses instead, do the push ups on your knees, and alternate arms on the narrow chest press.
- quad stretch 30-60 seconds on each side
- glute stretch 30-60 seconds on each side
- hamstring stretch 30-60 seconds on each side
- Feel free to add any other stretches you need, like a tricep stretch or cobra pose.
Hope you enjoy! Share this with your gal pals or bros and maybe you can do the workout together. 🙂