↓ Get the Overwhelm Cheat Sheet! ↓
Overcoming Challenging and Uncertain Times
In this episode, Lorna and I discuss overcoming challenging and uncertain times. There are a lot of crazy things happening in the world right now. As a matter of fact, at the time of this recording there is a huge Coronavirus outbreak. This is resulting in people being quarantined and small business owners may find themselves feeling a little uncertain during these challenging times.
Lorna and I discuss how to overcome uncertain times and keep scaling further in life and in business. We discuss how to focus more on your spiritual health and well-being to make you thrive even in the most difficult of times.
Some Tips to Better Manage Your Energy
- Have a spiritual practice.
- Come back to your center everyday.
- Return to your place of trust each day.
- Realize we are put right here and right now for a reason.
- Use tools such as meditation to help you come back to a place of peacefulness and calmness.
Starting Points for Using Tools On Your Spiritual Journey in Uncertain Times
Realizing that you are right where you need to be in return that place of trust each day is the most important thing you can do. Here are some tips for starting points of using tools for your spiritual journey:
- Just start.
- Don’t expect everything to be perfect, with practice everything comes.
- No matter how much time you have, even five minutes, is better than no time.
- Don’t ever expect to feel completely ready.
- Just leap in and learn as you go.
- Listen to what feels good to you.
The Realization that Your Safe Place is a Mindset
At the end of the day, we all may realize that having a job is not necessarily any safer than running your own business. Jobless can happen either way. As a result, we need to learn how to grow and develop in the work that we are doing. For example:
- Consider what tools can you use to grow your business (for example: starting a podcast).
- What can you focus on for your own self and business growth.
How to Get Outside of Yourself and Find Your Flow in Uncertain Times
Finding your flow is a huge way to get outside of yourself. Maybe start with meditation, but then find your flow to where it allows you to do what you feel grounded doing with your body, but allows you to take any meditations.
For example, Lorna loved hula-hoops, that was her flow. For someone else, their flow may be art. Another individual may like music. Just find what flows for you! This way you are busy doing something, but your brain isn’t too focused on anything other than taking in the meditation. You’re in the flow.
Eliminate External Distractions
- Toxic relationships
- Poor communication outlets
- Whatever makes you feel a negative sense and drains you
Set Boundaries and Grow Goals in Uncertain Times
You don’t have to be a martyr to toxic situations and relationships. You can detoxify your field that way you can remain in your flow. For example, if you are finding you are spending too much time on negative news on social media, then maybe take a break for a day.
Remove the things from your life that aren’t serving you. Realize it takes awhile to detoxify your life. It is important to find what you need and how you feel with your current state of mind and where you are in life.
New Moon: Setting Your Intentions & Write Them Down
- First Quarter Moon: Taking intentions and putting them into practice
- Full Moon: Seeing things come into fruition.
- Third Qtr Moon: Self-Care; Scrambling to get things done before new moon
About Lorna Tanner
Lorna Tanner, MSW is a Spiritual Lifestyle Coach and Reiki Master Practitioner. She helps individuals cultivate a lifestyle of abundance and do more of what they love. Lorna helps her clients develop an in-depth spiritual practice. While she uses several tools, some of what she uses are: Reiki, Crystal Healing, and Meditation, among many others!
Lorna’s Website is: shimmeringmoonwellness.com